Why do you need Travel Insurance

Whenever I book an air ticket from an airline or travel agent, upon checkout I will be asked if I would like to add on travel insurance. I am sure that this is uncommon to a lot of you. But how often would you buy than? Especially when you are traveling to neighboring countries.

A few years back, when I travel to neighboring countries such as Malaysia, Phuket etc, I will not buy travel insurance. I do not see the need in buying travel insurance because the travel period is short. However, in the recent years, I will buy travel insurance wherever I travel to. The main reason is to have a peace of mind.


Customize your coverage with MyTravelGuard

Travel insurance gives us a peace of mind for our holiday to the following:
1, Trip Cancellation and Interruption
Travel insurance reimburses you non-refundable travel costs if your trip is cancelled or seriously delayed due to a natural disaster, illness, or the carrier goes out of business.

2. Emergency medical
When you're traveling abroad it is important to stay covered in case of accidents.

3. Terrorism
In some of the travel insurance, the coverage includes terrorism as well. Many policies only cover you for your trip if an act of terrorism occurs in the specific country you're traveling to or from. And they set limits on how close an attack has to be to your destination before it goes into effect. You generally must buy the policy before violence erupts to be covered. But almost all policies will not cover any losses caused by war or threat of war.

4. Travel company gets into default/ shut down
In some of the travel insurance, the policy covers the incident such as the recent case of a popular travel agency, 5 Stars Travel Agency, abruptly shut down over night.

In order to give myself a peace of mind, I will strongly advice everyone to buy travel insurance,






No comments:

Post a Comment